Posted 3 months ago
Turkish Style Bean Salad
– 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced in half moons
– ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley divided
– 3 tablespoons tahini
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 1 teaspoons Aleppo pepper flakes (see Chef Tips)
– 2 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
– 3 tablespoons cider vinegar (see Chef Tips)
– 2 tablespoons water or as needed
– Sea salt
1. Mix the cannellini beans, shallots and 6 tablespoons of the parsley together in a bowl. Set aside while you make the dressing.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice, Aleppo pepper, olive oil and water together until well blended. Gradually stir in the cider vinegar and beat until smooth. If it seems too thick, add the remaining water as needed to make the dressing smooth and creamy. Taste for salt.
3. Pour the dressing over the beans and toss together until the beans are well coated. Let the salad sit in a cool place for 30 minutes to let the flavors develop. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
Supportive Care Services Department
Areas Brenda has managed include pediatric and neonatal intensive care units where she was responsible for individualizing therapeutic diets and alternate nutrition support based on specific metabolic needs, medical conditions, and cultural preferences.
Her passion for nutrition was developed at a young age and reared by her grandmother who always instilled the importance of a healthy diet and active lifestyle. When her grandmother became ill, Brenda became aware of the impact nutrition plays in disease prevention and maintaining overall mind and body health.